1. Few in the class know how to write in cursive. [Comment: Some teachers in the Donegal School District encourage learning cursive. Our twins have been blessed by such teachers and one of our girls "loves it now."]
2. Email is just too slow, and they seldom if ever use snail mail. [Comment: One of my girls can't wait to get an email address. I think that they'd all prefer cell phones, especially our 2 year old.]
7. "Caramel macchiato" and "venti half-caf vanilla latte" have always been street corner lingo. [Comment: What do you think Theresa?]
11. John McEnroe has never played professional tennis. [Comment: I can't believe that he's become a "stable" part of the commentator team ... a little more flavor than Patrick?]
12. Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry. [Comment: Not a household name in our house.]
18. Fergie is a pop singer, not a princess. [Comment: Not a household name in our house.]
31. The first computer they probably touched was an Apple II; it is now in a museum. [Comment: An icon]
32. Czechoslovakia has never existed.
34. "Assisted Living" has always been replacing nursing homes, while Hospice has always been an alternative to hospitals.
43. Russians and Americans have always been living together in space.
66. Galileo is forgiven and welcome back into the Roman Catholic Church. [Comment: A campus conversation which I can't wait to talk about with my girls. I pray that they have the interest.]
*In 1992, 18 years ago (When Theresa and I graduated Donegal High School and entered Grove City College).